National Love Your Pet Day
It’s the best day of the year! National Love Your Pet Day is today, and what better way to love your pet than to help improve their health, which, just like humans, includes stress management. Did you know approximately 20 to 40 percent of dogs experience separation anxiety from their owners?1 Common behaviors observed in animals experiencing anxiety include:
- Destruction of household items
- Accidents (even when housetrained)
- Pacing/repetitive behavior
- Tail wagging (no, it’s not always pure happiness)2
What’s an effective way to help your pet miss you a little less during a long workday? The American Kennel Club suggests CBD could benefit dogs as an anti-anxiety supplement.3 Like humans, dogs also have unique endocannabinoid systems with CBD receptors (more about that here).
Today and every day, pamper your pup with treats they’ll be begging for while helping them live their happiest, healthiest life.
- Crowell-Davis, S. L. (n.d.). AVMA Collections Canine Anxiety Disorders. Retrieved from https://www.avma.org/journals/collections/avma-collections-canine-anxiety-disorders
- What You Need to Know About Anxiety and Pets. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.petbusiness.com/What-You-Need-to-Know-About-Anxiety-and-Pets/
- Kriss, R. (2019, October 28). CBD Oil For Dogs: What You Need To Know. Retrieved from https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/cbd-oil-dogs/